Sunday, January 27, 2013

Not Barney Fifes


I feel the need to explain why I haven’t recently been posting many incidents in which I was involved. The fact is, I don’t have that many more to tell that you that you most likely wouldn’t find boring.  I’ll now write about current police issues, current societal issues, and my fiction writing.

The various jurisdictions in which I worked were small or relatively small and located in the Midwest. We didn’t have as many crimes or as exciting crimes as in the big cities like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago etc. like we see on TV and in movies.  We spent most our days and nights providing service to and protecting the residents and visitors in our communities. Much of that important work was very routine, and yes, at times boring. Occasionally we did get involved in dangerous or wild and crazy situations, as I have mentioned in many of my previous posts. Good investigative and good police work is necessary whether you do it several times a week or only once or twice a year. You train, you practice and you hope you do it right, that no one gets hurt, that you don’t get sued and you go home at the end of your shift. Please don’t get me wrong, I loved my work.

The novel I just completed and the next two I plan to write in this trilogy are about investigations concerning fictitious mysterious crimes that occur in a fictitious mid western city of about 25,000.  Hard working committed officers in these smaller jurisdictions haven’t received as much attention in our literary collections as the big city cops.

Sincerely,
Sally S





No comments:

Post a Comment