Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Am The Police


I was on patrol one night at about 11:00.   I was sent to a residence concerning a prowler in their yard.  I parked a couple houses away and walked quietly up to the residence. I was walking close to the outer wall of the side of the house and checked in the back. I saw no one walking around in the yard. All a sudden I heard the chilling sound of a shotgun slamming a round into the chamber as I heard a male voice through an open window that said something to the effect “you out there I called the police leave right now.” I shouted in as calm a voice as I could  “I am the police” and as I said that I shone my flashlight on my chest to light up my badge. There were a few tense moments, but eventually the man realized I was a police officer and not a prowler.

I walked up to the front door and discussed the possible prowler issue with the man.  He told me he and his wife heard noises in their back yard and heard dogs barking.  In my walk around the house and the yard I saw and heard no one.  I advised him to call the police if he heard the noises again.

Prowler calls can be dangerous, but what calls aren’t? But they are extremely important because they help people feel safe and secure in their homes.

Until tomorrow,
Sally S.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment