Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Storm Fighters


No I didn’t drop off the face if the earth.  I took a kind of  leave of absence from posting on my blog.  I had several other projects that needed my attention and I also was ill several of those days.

The Perfect Storm or Franken Storm as some named it, with its huge size and destructive nature makes me pause and remember how much our police officers and fire officers are there for us. Not just when the weather is nice and the conditions are safe, but all the time 24/7. 

My guess is many of those officers have been without sleep or have had very little sleep for the past few days.  They most likely are working in wet or damp shoes or boots and have not eaten well lately, but they are still performing at their best trying to protect lives and property in the path of Sandy.


My prayers and hopes for safety go with all the people in the path of Sandy, but especially to the men and women who wear the badges of those who protect and serve. As a society we should all pause and be thankful.

Until later,
Sally S

No comments:

Post a Comment