Monday, August 6, 2012

WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.  I'm so glad you are here.

Law Enforcement and criminal investigation is not always as we see it depicted on TV and in movies.  It’s often laboriously repetitive and often just plain boring. I have spent most of my adult life in some area of law enforcement or some type of investigative work at both the city and state level.

I got into this work because I enjoyed a job where I talked with people from varied backgrounds and the daily routine varied. I have always wanted the good guys wearing the “white hats” to win. I wanted to wear the “white hat” and capture the bad guys wearing the “black hats”.

It has been suggested for years that I write a book about the situations and persons I had encountered throughout the years. I have tried several times to write a book, but couldn’t come up with enough to say. Recently it was suggested I start a blog and put down my thoughts in small sections. After thinking about the idea I thought, why not? I would try.

I will attempt to write everyday about some aspect of law enforcement or investigation whether it be from personal experience or concerning something that had recently come to my attention.

When discussing situations and persons I have met in my past I will be changing their names to protect both the innocent and guilty; and of course to protect myself. Now the question is, am I innocent or guilty?

See you tomorrow,
Sally Shield


1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Sally. Glad to see you beginning a blog. I'll look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete